May 27, 2013

Who is Paul Scholes?

 

 A role model


Edgar Davids;
"Every one of us (mid fielders) is just trying to become as good as him. Everyone can learn from Paul Scholes."

Cesc Fabregas;
"He is the one whose level I aspire to."

 Jack Wilshere;
"Paul Scholes, what a player! Top class and a great role model for any young English midfield player."

Xavi Hernandez;
"Paul Scholes! A role model for me - and I really mean this."


Ronadlinho;
"I want to pass like him. Who taught him how to do that?"

Wayne Rooney;
"His touching, passing, vision, composure is outstanding. I try to copy him."


Dream player for every manager


SAF;
"Everywhere I go the coaches all tell me Sholesy is the player they admire. But if they think they'll get him they're wasting their time. He loves the club and there is no chance of him leaving here."

Marcello Lippi;
"Paul Scholes would have been one of my first choices for putting together a great team."

Fabio Capello;
"It's a shame he is not available for England. If he was, he'd be the first name in my squad."

Pep Guardiola;
"Out of everyone at Manchester United, I would pick out Scholes."

Jose Mourihno;
"For me, one of the best in midfield. Manchester United are lucky to have him."



 The best of the best


George Best;
"The boy can play. He is the best."

 Dennis Law;
"He is the best all around. A joy to watch."

Steve Bruce;
"He is the most complete footballer in the country. The best bar none."
Eric Harrison;
"When he played in the junior sides he used to have his own personal fan club that would come just to watch him!"
Ryan Giggs;
"I've played with some great players during my time at United but I would have to put Paul Scholes down as the best."

Laurent Blanc;
"I tell everyone who asks me - Scholes is the best English player."

 Dimitar Berbatov;
"Nobody else in the world can play the way Scholes does. The passes he produces all over the field and the way he changes the game is brilliant."

Edgar Davids;
"I am not the best, Paul Scholes is."

Dennis Bergkamp;
"Paul Scholes - He is the master."

Darren Flether;
"We won't ever see another one like Paul Scholes. He is a legend and a real benchmark."

Thierry Henry;
"He had indestructible mental strength and he is a genuine competitor. Without any doubt the best player in the Premiership."

Terry Venables;
"He's the best one or two touch passer in the country. He sees the game unlike any other player."

Gordon Strachan;
"Paul Scholes has been the best England midfield player for 30 odd years. When the ball arrives at his feet, he could tell you where every player on that pitch is at that moment. His awareness is superb."

Peter Schmeichel;
"He has an eye for a pass, for what the play or game needs at that precise moment, that I have never seen anyone else have."

 Xavi Hernandez;
"He is the best central midfielder I've seen in the last 15 - 20 years."

Pep Guardiola;
"He is the best midfielder of his generation."

Gerard Pique;
"One of the best players I've ever seen in my life."

 SAF;
"One of the greatest football brains Manchester United has ever had."

 

 

Great lad


Sir Bobby Charlton;
"I love him as a person. He is a great lad." 

Cristiano Ronaldo;
"He helped me a lot when I was young. He is amazing."

Super Roy Keane;
"No celebrity bullshit, no self promotion -  an amazingly gifted player who remained an unaffected human being."
Evidence that he is an unchanged human being! See his hair style compared to Becks'!
In case you still don't believe!

 

Footballers' favorite celebrity

   

Alan Shearer;
"If you ask footballers to pick out the player they most admire, so many of them will pick Paul Scholes."

Luis Figo;
"I'm star-struck when I see Paul Scholes because you never see him. On the pitch you can't see him. Off the pitch he disappears." 

 Xabi Alonso;
"When I was at Liverpool he was one of the players I liked most. I admire him a huge amount."

Micah Richards;
"He is my favorite player of all time - unbelievable!"

Patrick Vieira;
"The player in the Premiership I admire the most? Easy - Paul Scholes."

Zinedine Zidane;
"I never tire of watching him play. One of my regrets is that the opportunity to play alongside him never presented itself during my career."

 

 Talk of the World


David Beckham;
"At Real Madrid, the players (including Zidane , Raul, Figo, Roberto Carlos, Casillas) always said to me; 'What's he like?'"
 Xavi Hernandez;
"I've spoken to Xabi Alonso about him. He's spectacular, he has it all. Players love him"
Lionel Messi;
"At La Masia, his name was mentioned a lot. He is a teacher. He is an inspiration."

 

Feared by The Gunners

 
Anybody who can do this to Vidic gotta be feared by everybody!


Thierry Henry;
"Every time we played against Manchester United we always used to be scared of Paul Scholes."

 Emmanuel Petit;
"At Arsenal, me and Patrick (Vieira) did not want to face Scholes. We would avoid him."

Thank you Paul Scholes.

No comments:

Post a Comment